1. Read 79 books
I’ve set my Goodreads goal to 79 books (don’t judge. I have a thing for odd numbers) but I hope I can reach 100 again. But since I’m trying to be realistic and not stress myself I out it a bit lower. So 79 it’ll be. For now.
2. Read all the books I got as a gift before 2019
This was also a goal last year. And I failed. So we’re at it again. Fingers crossed I’ll actually manage it this year. Depending on how I count I’ll have to read either 19 or 28 books … I think I’ll go for the 19 ^^
3. Finish 9 Series
The Series I have already started and want to finish are: (The books in parentheses are the ones I still have to read to complete the series)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas … (Kingdom of Ash)
- Ruined by Amy Tintera … (Allied)
- Snow like Ashes by Sara Raasch … (Frost like Night)
- Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence … (King of Thorns & Emperor of Thorns)
- Septimus Heap by Angie Sage … (Physics (reread), Queste, Syren, Darke & Fyre)
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer … (The Lost Colony, The Time Paradox, The Atlantis Complex, The Last Guardian)
- Rise of the Empress by Julie C Dao … (Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix)
- The Queens of Renthia by Sarah Beth Durst … (The Reluctant Queen, The Queen of Sorrow (& The Deepest Blue?))
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake … (Two Dark Reigns & Book 4)
I have a lot of other series that I started and haven’t finished but a lot of them are still ongoing series, so I didn’t include them here. But I want to make it a priority to being caught up in as many series as possible.
4. Get my Netgalley Ratio up to 90%
And try to keep it around that as well. Meaning no requesting sprees when I still have a lot of other books to read!! I’m currently (Jan 2019) at 78%.
5. Read at least 43 backlist books
What this means for me is: Books that I have on my shelves for at least a year or longer. I also want to make an unhaul jar with all the books I got used a few years ago.
6. Lower my physical TBR from 129 to 79
This one is pretty self-explanatory. I hope I can actually manage it and don’t buy too many books and actually read books I already own instead of listening to tons of audiobooks or read ebooks and borrowed books because as lovely as that is … it doesn’t help my TBR.
7. Genre Goals
I had this last year too and it was relatively successful, so I’m doing it again. Basically, this pushes me to read more outside of Fantasy. I know I enjoy other genres, too but I just rarely reach for them.
So, I want to read:
- 5 Classics (Dracula, Faust etc)
- 3 SciFi books (Red Rising, Binti #2, Skyward etc)
- 9 Crime/Thriller/Mystery/Horror books (I put all those together because I’m shit at knowing what the difference is between them)
- 3 Non-Fiction books (Roxane Gay, Elli Radinger etc)
- 5 Historical Fiction books (The Miniaturist, Runa etc)
- 9 Contemporaries (Laurie Halse Anderson, Louise Gornall etc)